Alcoholic Beverage Permit

The Clayton County Auditor's Office supplies alcoholic beverage application and renewal forms for all Clayton County establishments located outside any city limits who wish to sell alcoholic beverages. The Auditor's Office will also assist the applicant in interpreting the rules and regulations as set forth by the State of Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division.

Once the applicant has completed the necessary paperwork, it is submitted to the Clayton County Board of Supervisors for their approval. After approval by the Board, the paperwork is forwarded to the State. The State will then send the permit to the Clayton County Auditor who forwards the permit to the applicant. Once the applicant has received their permit, they must post it at the establishment in full view of the public.

Permits are generally issued for a one-year period with the initial starting date determined by the applicant.